You know those cheesy shows about “ancient aliens” (which my son loves to watch and I have to admit make for good mindless entertainment)? Yeah, you’ve seen them on Netflix, Amazon…where people theorize that Earth was visited by advanced cultures from space. They present pictures like this:
Of course, it must have been beings from outer space, right? Indigenous people, or people in pre-history, they couldn’t have been that smart! Well, I have my own theory…what if they were? Imagine for a minute that in the next 50 years we begin to really recycle, we start developing things with compostable materials, we begin to clean up our act and leave a small foot print on the earth. Five thousand years from now what will people see of our civilization as it exists at this point in time? What if we put our resources back into the space program in a real way? What if someone did this thousands of years ago already? And what if those space men aren’t actually from space, but people going into space?
I know, it all sounds silly. It ‘s just a theory…but, still, there are thousands of myths of previous civilizations. What if all the smart people actually left and took their technology with them? And we are the idiots who were left behind; who missed the boat; who didn’t make the cut? Doesn’t that explain a few things about the world?
- 4 medium unpeeled ripe bananas
- 4 teaspoons miniature chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons miniature marshmallows
- Cut banana peel lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep, leaving 1/2 in. at both ends. Open peel wider to form a pocket. Fill each with 1 teaspoon chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon marshmallows. Crimp and shape four pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square) around bananas, forming boats.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until marshmallows melt and are golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.