All work and no play makes K a dull girl….with writers block. Don’t you hate it when that happens?
Spicy Zucchini Fritters – Just almost pretty damn close but not quite like the ones at QB
- 1 pound (about 3 medium) zucchini
- 4-5 springs of mint, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 4-5 slices of fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (you can use any spicy pepper really)
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- 2 small eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/8 cup Cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Masa harina
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive or another oil of your choice, (for frying)
I know this is an obvious statement but I’ll say it anyway, chop your veggies and herbs. Oh, except for the zucchini – shred that. Put it all in a bowl. Combine your dry ingredients and slowly add them to your veggies, making sure they get coated. In a small bowl or cup, whisk your eggs and fold them into your other ingredients.
You can fry these in a flat pan, like you would latkes. Or, you can drop them into a deep fryer. Either way, they are going to come out tasty. Don’t over cook. The middle should be just slightly mushy.
Serve with chutney, Indian pickle, chipotle aoli, sour cream, salsa, plain yogurt or a beer. It’s all good.