My god-mother sent me this little chain letter, not because she is into chain letters, but because she is Catholic with a sense of humor. Plus, she works for Planned Parenthood and she named her youngest daughter after me. She’s a cool Catholic. She says it’s lucky to pass it on to 12 people (I suppose that is equivalent to the disciples). So, I thought, “What the hell, if 12 is lucky then 200 or so should make me lucky for life.”
A new Priest at his first mass was so nervous he could hardly speak. After mass he asked the Monsignor how he had done.The Monsignor replied, “When I am worried about getting nervous on the pulpit, I put a glass of vodka next to the water glass. If I start to get nervous, I take a sip.”So next Sunday he took the Monsignor’s advice. At the beginning of the sermon, he got nervous and took a drink. He proceeded to talk up a storm. Upon his return to his office after the mass, he found the following note on the door:
1) Sip the vodka, don’t gulp.
2) There are 10 commandments, not 12.
3) There are 12 disciples, not 10.
4) Jesus was consecrated, not constipated.
5) Jacob wagered his donkey, he did not bet his ass.
6) We do not refer to Jesus Christ as the late J.C..
7) The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are not referred to as Daddy, Junior and the Spook.
8) David slew Goliath; he did not kick the shit out of him..
9) When David was hit by a rock and was knocked off his donkey, don’t say he was stoned off his ass.
10) We do not refer to the cross as the ‘Big T.’
11) When Jesus broke the bread at the last supper he said, “Take this and eat it for this is my body.” He did not say,”Eat me.”
12) The Virgin Mary is not called ‘Mary with the Cherry’.
13) The recommended grace before a meal is not: Rub-A-Dub-Dub thanks for the grub, Yeah God.
14) Next Sunday there will be a taffy pulling contest at St. Peter’s not a peter pulling contest at St. Taffy’s.
- 1 oz. Vodka
- 1 oz. Amaretto
Pour ingredients in an old-fashioned glass with a few ice cubes