I have all these fun posts and some really good recipes that I have not yet typed in. I haven’t been cooking anything except Dahl because it’s all my son wants to eat right now. Dahl with tomatoes, Dahl with sweet potatoes, Dahl with peanuts, cinnamon, spicy Dahl or not too spicy Dahl.
I thought I might get something done this week since I have a week off of school, but no such luck. I dreamed I would have time to cook, to write, to plan for Hawaii, to contemplate life, but, alas, it seems to be only a pipe dream.
The good news for you Olympians today – if you live on the Eastside you can now save time and get your cocktail necessities at Ralph’s Thriftway. Isn’t that convenient?
So, today you all get a quickie from me. NSA.
Quick prawn, coconut & tomato curry
Make curry in a hurry with this speedy recipe – a fragrant spice pot ready in half an hour (from BBC) Something I’m going to make for myself tonight instead of Dahl.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion , thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , sliced
- 1 green chilli , deseeded and sliced
- 3 tbsp curry paste
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 7 fl oz vegetable stock
- 7 fl oz coconut cream
- 12 oz raw prawns
- coriander sprigs and rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Fry the onion, garlic and half the chilli for 5 mins or until softened. Add the curry paste and cook for 1 min more. Add the tomato purée, stock and coconut cream.
- Simmer on medium heat for 10 mins, then add the prawns. Cook for 3 mins or until they turn opaque. Scatter on the remaining green chillies and coriander sprigs, then serve with rice.