I would like to thank the hungry irishman for nominating me for the Kreativ Blogger Award! He has wonderful recipes and great taste in wine. I have a secret wish to have him over for dinner and a bottle. Make sure to go check out his page!
Rules of Conduct: Bloggers who win the award must complete the following steps:
1. Thank the blogger who gave you the award and provide a link.
2. List 7 interesting things about yourself that your readers might find interesting
3. Nominate 7 other bloggers, provide links, and let them know!
- I’ve only been nominated for one other thing: On a racing boat I crewed on we got caught up on someone’s mooring buoy in the middle of the race. I was nominated to be hung over the side by my ankles with a buck knife in my teeth and be dunked head first under water to cut us loose. I also retrieved a hat someone had lost while I was down there.
- I once turned down a second date with a guy to go to a house party. Later I found out through a mutual friend that it was out at the Evergreen State College – some band called Nirvana was playing.
- I punched a girl in the face on stage. It was an accident of course. Knocked her clean over, gave her a black eye and she took out a few other dancers on her way down. We were both in the Corp de Ballet. Swans. Who choreographed that anyway?
- I cannot remember a time in my life when I didn’t want to be a writer. I spent all my time in math classes writing little stories and poems. It shows. I’m terrible at math.
- I have a smashed penny collection. The two best I have received from people are one from my best friends husband when he took a motorcycle trip and one from the Salvador Dali Museum in Paris. I went on a few dates with a guy who took a trip to Russia. I asked him for a smashed ruble from Red Square and he brought me back a smashed penny from Time Square. I broke things off.
- I have two or three poems from Heinrich Heine and Maria Rainier Rilke memorized in German, along with the first paragraph of Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
- I used to work for a large animal Veterinarian one summer. I have sutured many animals, been locked in a padded room with a crazed drugged horse and a beer, played mid-wife to a cow, pulled teeth from J.Z. Knight’s horses, watched some poor 4-H boy pass out stone-cold while his group was observing us emasculate a horse, had a run-in with a cougar, and got to treat an elephant for a cold.